CDbCriteria deleteAll problems

Hi everybogy!

I’m trying to delete some records, using a criteria and the deleteAll function, but I’m facing two different problems…

1. With no table alias:

$cri = new CDbCriteria;

if ($users !== '') {

$cri->condition = 'project_id = :project_id and user_id != :user_id AND user_id NOT IN (:users )';

$cri->params = array(':project_id' => $this->project_id, ':user_id' => 1, ':users' => $users);

} else {

$cri->condition = 'project_id = :project_id and user_id != :user_id';

$cri->params = array(':project_id' => $this->project_id, ':user_id' => user()->id);

}

ProjectUser::model()->deleteAll($cri);

In this case, no delete is executed… I don’t know why… or what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t see any deletes in my log file… Am I doing it right?

1. If I do the same, but using an alias, I get a sql error:

$cri = new CDbCriteria;

$cri->alias = 'pu';

if ($users !== '') {

$cri->condition = 'pu.project_id = :project_id and pu.user_id != :user_id AND pu.user_id NOT IN (:users )';

$cri->params = array(':project_id' => $this->project_id, ':user_id' => 1, ':users' => $users);

} else {

$cri->condition = 'pu.project_id = :project_id and pu.user_id != :user_id';

$cri->params = array(':project_id' => $this->project_id, ':user_id' => user()->id);

}

ProjectUser::model()->deleteAll($cri);

In this case I have noticed that the alias ‘pu’ is not written in the query after the column name… is this a bug, or just is not allowed to use aliases on deletes?

Thank you very much in advance!

Can’t see, how the alias should affect that you don’t see any DELETE statement at all in case 1). So maybe double check, it’s probably some different reason. You should have a SQL executed in both cases.

Hi there,

Tracing backwards the command I have seen not relation with ‘alias’ on the creation of the deletecommand:

public function createDeleteCommand($table,$criteria)

{

$this->ensureTable($table);

$sql="DELETE FROM {$table->rawName}"; // it gets the name from its schema

$sql=$this->applyJoin($sql,$criteria->join);

$sql=$this->applyCondition($sql,$criteria->condition);

$sql=$this->applyGroup($sql,$criteria->group);

$sql=$this->applyHaving($sql,$criteria->having);

$sql=$this->applyOrder($sql,$criteria->order);

$sql=$this->applyLimit($sql,$criteria->limit,$criteria->offset);

$command=$this->_connection->createCommand($sql);

$this->bindValues($command,$criteria->params);

return $command;

}

So maybe this is the reason why it fails on the second scenario. I will stick with ‘t’ ALIAS which is by default. For the first scenario, I recommend you that you log the SQL statements to what is actually executed and then double check with your DB administrator the query created. Here is a good article on how to view your SQL queries: http://www.yiiframework.com/wiki/58/sql-logging-and-profiling-in-firebug-yii-1-1/