Catching php errors

Hi,

is there any simple way to make php errors catchable like exceptions? How can i replace application error handler with one that will not display php error but will throw exceptions with it?

1 Like

In Yii 1.0.6 guide, see the section about 'Handling Errors Using an Action'

Thanks, but its not suitable for me. I need to catch php errors in my console app to make proper shutdown in case of error. Not to display error.

this?

try{

set_error_handler(create_function('', "throw new Exception(); return true;"));

//error generator

}

catch (Exception $e) { /*...*/}

restore_error_handler();

Paul

Yes, but i thought that i can do the same with some Yii api.

Yii already catches PHP errors and throws exceptions (See CApplication::initSystemHandlers). However, not all PHP errors can be caught.

Yes, Yii catches PHP errors, but it does not convert them into exceptions but displays instead. I cant see any "throw $e" in CErrorHandler::handleError(). Sorry for my stubbornness but i cant get a thing.

To make it clear: i need to catch php errors like exceptions in such situation:

<?php

try

{

fopen($nonExistentFile, 'r');

}

catch(Exception $e)

{

}

?>
So im looking for api compatible way to make CErrorHandler::handleError throwing exceptions.

You are right that Yii handles PHP errors rather than throwing exceptions. I think you need to use the approach suggested by imasia.

Ок then, thanks for replies.

I think you need to use the approach suggested by imasia.

Its not handy to write this code each time i need it. I will think about extending CErrorHandler class instead.

I can write in my config something like that, can i?

'errorHandler'=>array(

'class'=>'MyCErrorHandler'

)

Yes, that's better.

Thank you, guys. This topic helped me quite a bit!