Can't Get Ajax Form Errors To Display

I know I am missing one little thing but I can’t seem to see it and I am hoping a fresh pair of eyes can help.

I have created a single form that is using 3 models. Everything works with no Ajax but when I use ajax I can’t get the error summary to display. I viewed the source after submitting a form with no fields filled and the data is there but the container div style is set to display none and the data is returned in JSON.

Also no when I tab through the form I get errors for form field but no error summary when I submit and only the form fields I tabbed through are highlighted in red

What am I missing?

source after form submit

<div id="registration-form_es_" class="errorSummary" style="display: none;">

{"Users_username":["Username cannot be blank."],"Users_email":["Email cannot be blank."],

"Users_password":["Password cannot be blank."],"Users_password_confirm":["Confirm Password cannot be blank."],

"Users_email_confirm":["Confirm Email cannot be blank."],"Organizations_name":["Organization Name cannot be blank."],

"Organizations_mission_statement":["Mission Statement cannot be blank."],"Organizations_phone":["Phone cannot be blank."],

"Organizations_street_address":["Street Address cannot be blank."],"Organizations_postal_code":["Postal Code cannot be blank."],

"Organizations_city":["City cannot be blank."],"Organizations_province_id":["Province cannot be blank."],

"Contacts_organization_id":["Organization Id cannot be blank."],"Contacts_first_name":["First Name cannot be blank."],

"Contacts_last_name":["Last Name cannot be blank."],"Contacts_phone":["Phone cannot be blank."],

"Contacts_email":["Email cannot be blank."]}</div>

abbreviated view

<div class="form">

<?php $form=$this->beginWidget('CActiveForm', array(

'id'=>'registration-form',

'enableAjaxValidation'=>true,

'clientOptions'=> array('validateOnSubmit'=>true),

)); ?>

<p class="note">Fields with <span class="required">*</span> are required.</p>

<?php echo $form->errorSummary(array($um,$cm,$om)); ?>

<div class="row">

<?php echo $form->labelEx($um,'username'); ?>

<?php echo $form->textField($um,'username'); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($um,'username'); ?>

</div>

more fields

<div class="row buttons">

<?php 

echo CHtml::ajaxSubmitButton('Submit', array('users/register'),array(

'type'=>'post', ));

?>

</div>

controller code

public function actionRegister()

{

$um = new Users;

$om = new Organizations;

$cm = new Contacts;

if(Yii::app()->request->isAjaxRequest)

{

echo CActiveForm::validate(array($um,$om,$cm));

Yii::app()->end();

}

I think you should use a standard submit button and not an ajaxSubmitButton.

just put that JSON CODE in one $variable and call

$mydata = json_decode($variable);

and data will be returned,

or use

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CHtml#error-detail

It worked. Thanks so much. I thought I had tried it that way but when it didn’t work I ended trying a whole bunch of different settings and got turned upside and sideways. It’s amazing what a fresh pair of eyes and a good night sleep can do for you. I guess my wife is right. I should take a break once and a while.

Thanks for taking the time zaccaria and Igor