Cannot run yiic tool

Hi,

i was using yiic tool before and it was working. I've opened project today, I wrote the same command and nothing happens:

C:wampwwwproject>..yiiframeworkyiic shell

C:wampwwwproject>

while on other project yiic tool runs. Did I change anything by misteake? What can I do to fix it? Thanks.

Maybe you have the same problem like me?

http://www.yiiframew…01.html#msg3401

By default i don't allow access to any page for guest users, what makes problems with yiic shell.

It might be the matter of authorization… I don't know, when it stopped working, but I am using role-based access control and last thing I've done with yiic was creating authorization hierarchy.

I commented out all checkAccess sections and nothing changes. Don't know what to do…

Did you verify that you can access your start page (default controller/action) as guest user? As soon as this is possible, yiic shell works for me.

Another idea might be, to activate logging for your application. yiic shell includes your index.php and starts the application as normal, but captures any output and discards it. So your app seems to exit somewhere in this process. Maybe you can see from the logs, what's going on.

Did you verify that you can access your start page (default controller/action) as guest user? As soon as this is possible, yiic shell works for me.

Thanks for your help. It works for me as well. I was rediricting user straigt away to login page and that was a problem…

I was redirecting from the home page to the login page, since in my application all users need to be logged in to access anything and everything on the site.

Therefore, i could not use the "yiic shell" tool.

Now whenever i need to use this tool i comment out the redirection, use the tool and then uncomment the redirection.

Is there a better solution to this. ???

Thank you in advance.

Gavin.

You may use an alternative approach:

1. switch to the directory containing the entry script file

2. execute "yiic shell path/to/main.php", where main.php refers to the application configuration script