Cannot run testdrive page

Hello,

Just started trying out a Framework and heard nothing but good things about Yii…so I decided to give it a try…I get everything running (kinda) I got the requirements page up fine and created the intro testdrive app but it wil not run. Everytime i try to either run the testdrive app or any of the demos I get this error

Warning: require_once(/home/content/s/t/e/steamking111/html/testdrive/../yiiFramework/framework/yii.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/t/e/steamking111/html/testdrive/index.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/content/s/t/e/steamking111/html/testdrive/../yiiFramework/framework/yii.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/content/s/t/e/steamking111/html/testdrive/index.php on line 12

Now, I am using godaddy hosting to run everything (i don’t use localhost) so i am wondering if that has anything to do with it. but here is the code for the testdrive app

?php

// change the following paths if necessary

$yii=dirname(FILE).’../yiiFramework/framework/yii.php’;

$config=dirname(FILE).’/protected/config/main.php’;

// remove the following lines when in production mode

defined(‘YII_DEBUG’) or define(‘YII_DEBUG’,true);

// specify how many levels of call stack should be shown in each log message

defined(‘YII_TRACE_LEVEL’) or define(‘YII_TRACE_LEVEL’,3);

require_once($yii);

Yii::createWebApplication($config)->run();

the $yii and $config are in the right directories so I have no clue on what else it could be? Maybe godaddy? The requirement page says everything checks out fine though…any help would be greattt! and I hope to be a huge part of the Yii Framework community!

What do you mean by ‘creating it’ ?

You need to run yiic webapp some_directory first. :)

What I meant was a ran the command on the command line to ‘create’ it…here is the command

I see several problems:

Is your web server serving your desktop?

If not, then you need to put Yii in a directory accessible to Apache (I assume that’s what you’re using).

Probably /var/www.

Make yii/framework/yiic executable and add it to your PATH.

[b]

[/b]

chmod +x yiic

Navigate to your web directory (htdocs - /var/www - /srv/www - whatever) and issue the yiic webapp command.

Now, open your browser and go to localhost/yourwebapp.

Spaces in a directory name is generally a bad idea on *nix.

well here is the issue…i am not using localhost…I am using godaddy so i am on a remote server not my desktop ( i just have the folder in there for separation of my other files) and it does not sit in a Steam King folder it just sits in the / root folder of godaddy…and i am thinking it might be a remote server issue…and if thats the case i can contact godaddy about it…but i wanted to make sure I have everything set up correctly (which i think i do) before I contact them…and i don’t think i can make anything a .exe because i am on Mac OS X and using Linux Server

I am talking about setting the executable bit on the file so that it can be run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_permissions

In my opinion you need to set up a local site so that you can test it there before uploading it to your host.

If you don’t want that, you still need to upload Yii, set the executable bit on yiic on your remote (Godaddy) server and generate the project using it.

However, since you’ve generated the project, upload the contents of that directory to your host and take it for a test. :)

Hey dude I got it…and I feel freaking stupid…so I am using Dreamweaver CS5.5 and was using the FTP on there to upload…checked my hosting site and onlytwo files were up and running…so used Filezilla o upload the rest and it works perfectly!..thanks for your help and looking forwawrd to dive in here and get to working!

FileZilla all the way. :)