I don’t know where to put this. On a hostrocket shared hosting account the captcha suddenly stopped working. We were initially running 1.13, then tried 1.14 with no avail.
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 8650752) (tried t= o allocate 122880 bytes) in…
The script would stall out at some random spot. The server has 256M of memory allocated to php, verified. Further inspection of the logs showed this error:
libgomp: Thread= creation failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Googling suggested that I set the MAGICK_THREAD_LIMIT to 1 using putenv. This did not work. I also tried to force it to use ‘gd’ as the backend using that property of captchaAction.
I haven’t compared code yet from 1.12 to 1.13 to see what changed. I solved the problem by downgrading back to 1.12 but I’m still looking for an answer.