Boostrap Missing Classes

Hi,

I am using Yii 2 Bootstrap and I noticed that there seems to be stuff missing or maybe Yii just left us to fill in the gaps as we please which I have done up to yet. But just curious whether anything is missing?

Basically there is no error summary class for the error messages on forms. You know the errors that are generated using …

$form->errorSummary();

Also there is no option to have the form labels to the left of the form. Only the inline option is available and also the labels at the top of the form, but no labels to the left of the form.

Am I suppose to add the classes for this myself or am I missing some files or something?

Yii2 is open, so you can add your own CSS class to error summary. Bootstrap version in my Yii2 project is 2.3.2, and newest Bootstrap is 3.3.1. I defied some my own css style and with "yii-" as prefix, so even I update to new Bootstrap version, it will not override my style definition.

One thing I learned is using Bootstrap theme in priority, which will make your page neat.

getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/base-css.html#buttons

<!-- Standard button -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-default">Default</button>

<!-- Provides extra visual weight and identifies the primary action in a set of buttons -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary">Primary</button>

<!-- Indicates a successful or positive action -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-success">Success</button>

<!-- Contextual button for informational alert messages -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-info">Info</button>

<!-- Indicates caution should be taken with this action -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-warning">Warning</button>

<!-- Indicates a dangerous or potentially negative action -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-danger">Danger</button>

<!-- Deemphasize a button by making it look like a link while maintaining button behavior -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-link">Link</button>

I tried more free themes at

http://bootswatch.com/My link

But got mess to configure the theme in Yii2. Need to figure out a good way for customized look and feel.

Ok so I am correct in assuming classes like the .error-summary are not provided out of the box, yes?

Are you recommending to use a bootstrap theme?