BindValue and Oracle Question

I’m having a problem with bindvalue and Oracle. I use the same code as for mysql and it returns a value of 1. But when I use Oracle it returns a value of 0. I’m not getting any error messages.

Here is the code. This is in Chapter 8 of Agile Web Application Development with Yii1.1 and PHP5

[indent][/indent]public function isUserInProject($user)

{

$sql = "SELECT USER_ID FROM TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT WHERE PROJECT_ID = :projectId AND USER_ID = :userId";

$command = Yii::app()->db->createCommand($sql);

$command->bindValue(":projectId", $this->ID, PDO::PARAM_INT);

$command->bindValue(":userId", $user->ID, PDO::PARAM_INT);

return $command->execute()==1 ? true : false;

}

I’m at my wits end. I am so close to converting the Trackstar example into Oracle and I can’t figure out this piece.

First, this is Yii 1.0 thread, and you’re talking about 1.1.

Second, you’re trying to execute() SELECT statement, so the result will be the number of rows affected.

I think you should change execute() to queryColumn() (or similar).

PS. PDO’s rowCount() returns the number of rows affected by DELETE, INSERT, or UPDATE statements. I wonder why you have it working in MySQL.

I’m converting the Trackstar Application to Oracle and in Chapter 8 I’m having a problem with bindvalues. I’ve stepped through Trackstar in mysql and it will return 1 for true but in the Oracle version it returns 0 for false. The tables have the same information and the bind values look fine but it is not working.

Here is the code:

public function isUserInProject($user) 

{

$sql = "SELECT USER_ID FROM TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT WHERE PROJECT_ID = :projectId AND USER_ID = :userId";

//$sql = "SELECT USER_ID FROM TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT WHERE PROJECT_ID = :projectId";

$command = Yii::app()->db->createCommand($sql);

$command->bindValue(":projectId", $this->ID, PDO::PARAM_INT);

$command->bindValue(":userId", $user->ID, PDO::PARAM_INT);

return $command->execute()==1 ? true : false;

}

Maybe I should try a different approach to getting values from Oracle.

Thanks

Hi ladymtnbikrdr,

IIRC, the parameter binding must be done in one shot.

Maybe this?

$command->bindValues(array(":projectId" => $this->ID, ":userId" => $user->ID));

[EDIT]

I’m sorry. I didn’t remember right. :(

bindValue can be used multiple times. Forget the suggestion above, please.

[color="#008000"]/* notice — the first 2 posts were originally posted in Yii 1.0.x Discussions, but have been moved to the proper forum and merged with the duplicated posts */[/color]

Thank you so much SoftArk. I changed the code to the following and it worked like a charm.

$rows=Yii::app()->db->createCommand()

->select()

->from('TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT')

->where('PROJECT_ID=:projectId AND USER_ID=:userId', array(

':projectId'=>$this->ID,

':userId'=>$user->ID

))

->queryAll();

return count($rows)==1 ? true : false;        

I’m glad I posted in version 1.0 because you are the only one that responded. I did check the mysql program and the original code does work, but doesn’t work for Oracle.

Thank you again. Very much appreciated. This has been quite a big learning curve for me and I appreciate all the help I have been given on this forum. I’m new to Frameworks, PHP, and object oriented programming but I’m really starting to like it.

Sorry, last post was to thank Orey.

This is not very good.

If somehow TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT would contain two rows matching the criteria, your code will return false.

Try this:

return (Yii::app()->db->createCommand()

->select()

->from('TBL_PROJECT_USER_ASSIGNMENT')

->where('PROJECT_ID=:projectId AND USER_ID=:userId', array(

':projectId'=>$this->ID,

':userId'=>$user->ID

))->queryRow() !== false)