BadRequestHttpException - Unable to verify your data submission

I’ve created a view, manually, which is a dashboard and am using a costum layout in which I inserted

<?= Html::csrfMetaTags() ?>

in the head section.

Yet, when the view is accessed, I keep getting bombarded with errors in the log relating to

[error][yii\web\HttpException:400] yii\web\BadRequestHttpException: Unable to verify your data submission. in D:\home\site\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\web\Controller.php:166

The index itself is a series of DIVs and I use a JS interval to continuously run AJAX calls to get stats and push them to their respective DIVs.

Can anyone offer some guidance?

Thank you.

Do you pass CSRF token when doing these AJAX requests?

No, I do not believe so, how is that done?

My JS is calling the following

function updateStat(url, ctl){
    $.ajax({
        async: false,
        method: "POST",
        url: url,
        timeout: 3000,
    })
    .done(function(result){
        result = JSON.parse(result);
        if(result.status == 'Success'){
            $('#'+ctl).text(result.message);
        }else{
            console.log("Problem with updateStat(" + url + ", " + ctl + ")");
            $('#'+ctl).text('?');
        }
    })
    .fail(function(xhr, status, error){
        var divClass = 'danger';
        var msg = "<span class=\"glyphicon glyphicon-remove\"></span> " + error + "<br><br>" + status + "<br><br>" + xhr.responseText;
        var sysMsg = '<div class=\"alert-' + divClass + ' alert fade in\">'
                + '<button type=\"button\" class=\"close\" data-dismiss=\"alert\" aria-hidden=\"true\">×</button>'
                + msg + '</div>';
        $('#modal-system-messages').html(sysMsg).stop().fadeIn().animate({opacity: 1.0}, 4000);
    });
}

Just some more info.

I created a custom layout (views\layouts\dashboard-finance.php) and in that layout I’ve include the <?= Html::csrfMetaTags() ?> in the head section. When the index is rendered the following appears:

<meta name="csrf-param" content="_csrf-backend">
<meta name="csrf-token" content="eD7TCDvnNdp6VOXFw_7LCedcaFpJBtuc-6ikzMShc8wTXep7TLVvtkog1qmntY9Qoy1YNAJLt_TK4-iesvY-gg==">

In my controller I have

class DashboardFinanceController extends Controller
{
    public $layout = 'dashboard-finance';

public function actionIndex()
    {
        return $this->render('index');
    }

public function actionGetOrdersCount($cat)
    {
        if (strlen($cat) === 1) {
            \Yii::$app->response->format = \yii\web\Response::FORMAT_JSON;

$day_start = date("Y-m-d 00:00:00");
            $day_end = date("Y-m-d 23:59:59");
            $week_start = date("Y-m-d 00:00:00", strtotime('monday this week')); 

if ($cat === "d") {
                $count = ProjectsStatusChanges::find()
                    ->innerJoin('lst_projects_statuses', 'projects_status_changes.StatusId = lst_projects_statuses.StatusId')
                    ->where(['between', 'projects_status_changes.dtCreation', $day_start, $day_end])
                    ->andWhere(['lst_projects_statuses.Status' => 'Completed'])
                    ->count();
            } elseif ($cat === "w") {
                $count = ProjectsStatusChanges::find()
                    ->innerJoin('lst_projects_statuses', 'projects_status_changes.StatusId = lst_projects_statuses.StatusId')
                    ->where(['between', 'projects_status_changes.dtCreation', $week_start, $day_end])
                    ->andWhere(['lst_projects_statuses.Status' => 'Completed'])
                    ->count();
            }

if (isset($count)) {
                return json_encode(['status' => 'Success', 'message' => $count]);
            } else {
                return json_encode(['status' => 'Error', 'message' => 'Invalid Input Variable.']);
            }
        } else {
            return json_encode(['status' => 'Error', 'message' => 'Invalid Input Variable.']);
        }
    }
    //...
}

In my index, it performs an AJAX call to the actionGetOrdersCount action and gets the result but also generate the ‘BadRequestHttpException: Unable to verify your data submission.’ error?

I was under the impression that by including the <?= Html::csrfMetaTags() ?> in the layout, that the token was automatically handled with any requests.