Asset folder growth

Hi

I concerned about application assets folder grows!

I publish my widget assets with below code

$assetsUrl = Yii::app()->assetManager->publish(Yii::getPathOfAlias('ext.MapWidget.assets'),false,-1,false);

but when i add a new file for example css file to widget assets a new hash folder created in application assets though previous widget asset file doesn’t override or removed!

how can i fix this problem?

Its a simple thing to delete the contents of /assets/ … it will all just regenerate with the next request that needs whatever asset.

// code from rights extension ;

private $_assetsUrl ;

public function getAssetsUrl()

{

if( $this->_assetsUrl===null )

{

$assetsPath = Yii::getPathOfAlias('rights.assets');

// We need to republish the assets if debug mode is enabled.

if( YII_DEBUG )

$this->_assetsUrl = Yii::app()->getAssetManager()->publish($assetsPath, false, -1, true);

else

$this->_assetsUrl = Yii::app()->getAssetManager()->publish($assetsPath);

}

return $this->_assetsUrl;

}

do you see the trick :

if in debug mode (means you often add or remove or update some js/image/css files ) , you should publish the dir every time . but if YII_DEBUG set to false . it will only publish once :lol:

tHr, you have extensions that help you in cleaning assets, like this one

yiqing95, In fact, even without forcing republishing of assets, they will be republished under a new hash if the original application/assets/ folder’s timestamp is modified. And that’s by design, and we need it like that indeed ;)