Ajax can not post to current controller?

Hi guys,

I am going pretty crazy around here. Have a really strange issue with an ajax call.

This is my code (stripped) in the view index of my advertisement controller:

$script = <<< JS

$.ajax({

method: "POST",

url: "/advertisement/index",

data: { id: "1" }

}).done(function() {

console.log('ok');

}).fail(function() {

console.log( "error" );

});

JS;

$this->registerJS($script);

The url in the ajax call is actually the page and view that I see in my browser at that moment. So, what I basically try to do is post something to the index action of the controller that I am in at that specific moment when the above code is loaded after a key up (which i stripped out of the above code).

Now comes the strange part. The ajax call immediately goes do the fail function. I can see in firebug that it doesn’t even try to load the url. It doesn’t matter what url I try to load in the advertisement controller, it will not even try to load it. Here comes the most strange part. When I replace the controller name with any other controller name that is available in my project, it will load.

I am completely shocked and have no idea what is causing this strange problem.

Who can help me and give me a hint what is going wrong?

[edit]

It seems it has something to do with the word “advertisement”. When I rename the controller, view folder and above code to “advertisements” it still doesn’t work. When I change the name to “addvertisement” it works???

[/edit]

that seems weird. How are you calling the function? Also, have you tried using

yii\helpers\Url::to(['advertisement/index'])

for the url…it might help the url problem.

The Ajax call is not in a function.

I will give your suggestion a try later today. Will reply here with the result.

How can I use the code given within my code above?