Admin Area In Yii

Hi!

I’d like to create an administration area in my Yii framework but I don’t know how to start. Is there a tutorial on how to create one?

Thanks

Admin panel = admin module (or separate app) + access control.

So if you’re familiar with creating basic apps, admin panel is not a problem.

See documentation for detail info about modules and auth.

Having a module as an admin panel is ok for small apps, for larger ones you’ll have to use sub-apps connected through a common app.

sorry guys, but I still have doubts. I need a more detailed tutorial.

Any particular questions?

I am lost. I need a step-by-step tutorial

Hi

A module is an mini webapp (has seperated mvc) inside your main application

so you could set seperated access.

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/1.1/en/basics.module

seperated webapp is a new webapp (making a new web application) like the main application but it has

the functionallity that an admin should be.

Go through https://github.com/clevertech/YiiBoilerplate, this is a very comprehensive structure of Yii complex projects which shares common resources like models, libraries, scripts,etc. and simple to modifiy !

and structure is :

[b]backend[/b]

Backend entry point, expected to be your "admin side" of the application.

[b]bin[/b]

Binaries for you to use, including yiic, phing, phpunit and such. Note that while most of binaries are Composer-installed, yiic and selenium launchers are hand-crafted and not supposed to be removed/changed.

[b]carcass[/b]

Configuration for various 3rd-party tools used in project harness, including Vagrant stuff and code style definition for CodeSniffer.

[b]common[/b]

This folder is structured similarly to the traditional protected folder in autogenerated Yii application. You are expected to place the code global to all entry points in common. Backend-, frontend-, and console-specific stuff should go to backend, frontend and console dirs, respectively.

[b]console[/b]

Console entry point, reachable by yiic console runner. Most important stuff here is your migrations, inside console/migrations subfolder.

[b]frontend[/b]

Frontend entry point, expected to be public side of your application.

[b]reports[/b]

All project status reports from various code quality tools will be placed in here. Documentation from APIGen, too. You will not see this directory initially, it's auto-generated when needed.

[b]tests[/b]

Your test harness is here. See details in the README.md there.

[b]vendor[/b]

All third-party dependencies are installed by Composer in here, even Selenium. You will not see this directory initially, it's auto-generated when needed.