500 Internal Server Error

I am using a shared hosting plan; and I uploaded my basic application but when I am running it I am getting the

;

Trying to look for solution; I found this post but I don’t know in which .htaccess directory should

RewriteBase /

be written?

I have my root folder in wich I create a folder ‘basic’ which is the project. I put in .htaccess of basic/web :

Options +FollowSymLinks

IndexIgnore */*

RewriteEngine on

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php

RewriteRule . index.php

when I try to access my.domain.com/basic/web I got the error "500 Internal Server Error". I tried to put in the .htaccess of web still getting the same error.

There will be web accessible directories like "WWW" or "public_html" etc. There you should place your index.php as your web server seems to be apache.

That folder corresponds to web folder of the project; I did that exactly and has it is recommanded to put the .htaccess in that folder; I also did it; but it didn’t work

In the shared hosting with apache, try place any html file is the public accessible folder and it it is accessable, you are at the right folder. There the index.php should be there. .htaccess seems to be ok.

After confirming the public accessible folder, try run the requirements.php.

You may change the following in your php.ini configuration file to display errors. After everything is ready, you can reverse it to production conditions.

display_errors = on;

It may help you to trace the problem.