using yii on free webhoster

Hello all.

Got a problem using my page on a free webhoster called funpic.

My site works fine on my local machine but after puting it on the webserver, i get a failure:

could someone help?

the provider says that i should turn off the debug function in Yii. but it is turned off.

//'errorHandler'=>array(

// use 'site/error' action to display errors

//'errorAction'=>'site/error',

//),

Hi,

I also tried my to run my Yii application on a free hoster (http://www.bplaced.net). It work’s fine but I my case I have to disable one option in the .htaccess file cause the hoster doesn’t support such feature (empty page was displayed). Don’t know exactly the problem but I disabled everything in .htaccess and tried it (working), add one disabled line, try it again and so on until I find the line which cause the problem.

In your case the function debug_backtrace is not available but it is used in CErrorHandler. What you could try is to remove debug_backtrace calls in every core file but I would not do it because than you have modified core file(s) which is not recommended.

So the only workaround for you in my opinion is to switch to a different free hoster like bplaced.

You have to disable debugging and maybe also tracing in the index.php file located in protected directory. Look at manual/cookbook/tutorials how to enable/disable debugging if you do not know how to do it.

To disable DEBUG in Yii comment these two lines in index.php

defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG',true);

defined('YII_TRACE_LEVEL') or define('YII_TRACE_LEVEL',3);

mdomba was right.

but the hoster is anyway, sry for this, gay.

cause he is throwing a 404 when i’m running my page with the url manager.