Separate forum categories for support threads and design discussions

I’d like to propose creating separate categories for support topics (like “why this code is not working” or “how to do X”) and separate category for general discussion about framework design. Although I’m interested in watching discussions about the framework and I’d like to watch every new topic about it, I’m not so interested by all these typo-questions. For Yii2 there is a “General Discussions” category which is a mix of everything, it is hard to track framework discussions without being flooded by support questions.

Right now there is no such problem for Yii3, because there was no release so there are only design discussions, but it is only a matter of time when we get the same as for Yii2. It may be a good time to create some category tree which may organize it and make a little easier to track interesting topics.

4 Likes

Categories created. Have to move topics.

1 Like

All done. Thanks for suggestion.

Should we disallow creating threads directly in #yii-3-0 category? The whole idea of separate categories may be pointless if anyone can ignore them and use #yii-3-0 category directly.

Yes. I’ll check if it’s possible.

1 Like