problems logging into demo app

mike there are people using xampp but I can’t find anyone who has had issues

with “xampp session” in the forum search, only this thread pops up :rolleyes:

At last and about time!!, I have discovered, the demo blog app running on xampp on localhost works

with sessions when I use firefox (v3.6.1), but it doesn’t work for sessions ie the login part when

using internet explorer 8.0.6 or internet explorer 7.0

When running the demo blog app on external unix server and using internet explorer 8.0.6 or 7.0

sessions will work and I can login in.

I haven’t worked out the reason but I am guessing it must be some default setting in internet explorer

which is doing it, cos I have never changed any settings on internet explorer.

Thanks to mike for your suggestion on using the firefox plugin to monitor headers which I was about to

install after I had installed firefox but didn’t need it because it all works on FF.

Regards

Simon Lewis

I think I’ve got the same / a similar issue. The online blog demo works fine; my localhost blog demo worked fine, until I started working through the tutorial. On my localhost version the authentication is working (it’s recognising the username/password and returning true to authenticate), but it’s not storing the session and the “Logout” option never appears - I’m on Ubuntu and it doesn’t seem to matter if I use FF or Chrome.

I guess it’s something I’ve got wrong… and probably session related, and perhaps in the config file. I just wanted to mention this in case there is a bigger issue here.

For what it’s worth I’ve ordered a book on Yii development - hopefully I can figure it all out soon!

I’m having the same problem on CentOS 5.5. My session.save_path is the following:

[root@red1-202147 testdrive]# ls -ltr /var/lib/php/

total 8

drwxrwx— 2 root apache 4096 Nov 13 2009 session

That seems fine to me and I tried upping the permissions to 776 but that didn’t seem to help so I’m pretty sure the issue isn’t the permissions on this file. I was following the Larry Ullman Tutorial so my config/main.php file is the same as he suggests.

Also, I’ve tried chrome and firefox and both have the same problem.

Gettung same problem here. Login doesn’t work With Firefox (3.6.12), IE and Chrome. Only when I check “Remember me next time” can I login. Nothing happens otherwise. Cookies are working fine on all other pages or localhost and remote. main.php config file is untouched.

Maybe some info about my system configuration will be helpful.

• XAMPP running on Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

• PHP version 5.3.1.

• Webroot is on another local harddrive as xampp installation.

• Yii framework is outside of webroot folder (but also doesn’t work if Yii framework is in the same folder as webapp).

• PDO PostgreSQL, Memcache, APC extensions are not installed

PS: Not sure if it’s related but I can’t login to gii either.

PPS: Currently testing some frameworks for a medium sized company and the only plus points for Yii are on the "easy installation", "easy start". Which is sad as Yii looks very promising. Development enviroment is windows7+xampp deployment enviroment is linux+lumpp.

Hi,

Sorry for old topic.

I had exactly same problem, but I resolved it.

This problem is because of permission of session temp folder.

Just must remove this from php.ini:

session.save_path = "…"

Or comment it be like this:

;session.save_path = "…"

• OR -

If you want to use it, for example can set be like this:

session.save_path = "/tmp"

But must you sure about permission /tmp folder, be like these:

Access: (1777/drwxrwxrwt) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)

Thanks

Nabi