Package fxp/composer-asset-plugin at version ^1.4.1 has a PHP requirement incompatible with your PHP version

Hello All,

i try to update my yii2 version from 2.0.15 to the alst version. but i get a php requirement error.

can anyone help me with this problem. Its a directadmin server en i try 7.1, 7.4 and 7.4 in the shell.

first step
composer self-update
(You are already using composer version 2.0.7 (stable channel).
)
Step 2
composer global require “fxp/composer-asset-plugin:^1.4.1”
then i get this error.

[InvalidArgumentException]
Package fxp/composer-asset-plugin at version ^1.4.1 has a PHP requirement incompatible with your PHP version, PHP extensions and Composer version

Thanks for helping.

Dont use fxp/composer-asset-plugin with composer 2+.
You need to switch to yiisoft/yii2-composer - it works OK with composer 2.
Remove with e.g. composer global remove fxp/composer-asset-plugin.
Then delete composer.lock and run composer update.
If you experience error with bower / npm directory, set custom alias in config/main.php e.g.:

'modules' => [ ... ],
'aliases' => [
		'@bower' => '@vendor/bower-asset',
		'@npm' => '@vendor/npm-asset',
],

Thanks that fixed my problem. Nice.

Can you help me again?

i have problems with updaten yii2 with composer update,

I switch off a few addons and now its up2date.

But i cannot reinstall a few addons.

kartik-v/yii2-icons

thanks for your help…

error:

php composer.phar require kartik-v/yii2-icons “@dev
./composer.json has been updated
Running composer update kartik-v/yii2-icons
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- kartik-v/yii2-icons 1.4.x-dev is an alias of kartik-v/yii2-icons dev-master and thus requires it to be installed too.
- kartik-v/yii2-icons[dev-master, v1.0.0, …, v1.4.5] require yiisoft/yii2-jui * -> satisfiable by yiisoft/yii2-jui[2.0.0, …, 2.0.7].
- yiisoft/yii2-jui[2.0.0, …, 2.0.6] require bower-asset/jquery-ui 1.11.*@stable -> could not be found in any version, but the following packages provide it:
- ommu/gii Gii Generator Template from OMMU
- ommu/support Support Module from OMMU
- ommu/users Users Module from OMMU
- ommu/faq Frequency Asked Question Module from OMMU
- ommu/testimony Testimony Module from OMMU
- yuncms/framework The Yuncms Framework.
Consider requiring one of these to satisfy the bower-asset/jquery-ui requirement.
- yiisoft/yii2-jui 2.0.7 requires bower-asset/jquery-ui ~1.12.1 -> could not be found in any version, but the following packages provide it:
- ommu/gii Gii Generator Template from OMMU
- ommu/support Support Module from OMMU
- ommu/users Users Module from OMMU
- ommu/faq Frequency Asked Question Module from OMMU
- ommu/testimony Testimony Module from OMMU
- yuncms/framework The Yuncms Framework.
Consider requiring one of these to satisfy the bower-asset/jquery-ui requirement.
- Root composer.json requires kartik-v/yii2-icons @dev -> satisfiable by kartik-v/yii2-icons[dev-master, v1.0.0, …, 1.4.x-dev (alias of dev-master)].

Potential causes:

Read https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md for further common problems.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json and ./composer.lock to their original content.

The composer error log already gave you the answer. Check your minimum-stability version or your packages names and dependencies, specially the kartik-v/yii2-icons.