[MODULE] Yiiauth

I think I’ve followed every instruction verbatim, but I’m afraid I’m getting this:

Error 404

The system is unable to find the requested action "authenticatewith?openid=http:".

This looks really good!

Soon I will try this out and report back. Please keep up the good work :)

I can’t seem to get this to work; after following the instructions I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /protected/modules/yiiauth/components/Yiiauth.php on line 31

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

edit Ignore, it’s a fresh install and I haven’t setup the User class yet.

A few notes from me playing with this for a bit…

Be sure to extend your base controller as stated in the instructions…

class Controller extends yiiauth

and

class DefaultController extends Controller //yiiauth default controller

• social extends Model (doesn’t exist in my case) - for most I believe this will be CActiveRecord

• UrlFormat is assumed to be path

• path to images assumes app is in webroot…it should prob be prefixed with Yii::app()->basePath or something to be more universal

now trying to figure out why I’m getting this error

The provider 'Facebook' is not enabled.

when using Twitter as the provider

You have many good points, I’m not relly good at module making. The social extending model is as you say for most CActiveRecord, I have created a Model class in app/components, so that is not really needed for this Yiiauth module.

Can you tell me where u get this error? it is hopefully solved with just an if statement.

Else, I wouldnt mind if others updated errors they find because I have almost no time at all to work on this currently :confused:

Has anyone tried to use the "update status" function…?

Still not works for me…

The login works like a charm. You need to fixed some typos though.

I’m sorry I dont know what can cause that error for you… what provider are you logged in

"Trying to get property of non-object" means a $variable is empty, that should contain an object:p I dont know whats diffrent between my code and yours. Perhaps you missed some step?

Haha…I’ve never created a module before so prob aren’t much help on that front, but figured it might be helpful for others trying to use it.

I get the error after clicking on the Twitter provider icon (defautl /yiiauth)…haven’t had a chance to try to fix it yet…but you’re probably right about the “if”…

ok, that was a bit idiotic…the reason I was getting the error was that it was trying to redirect back to the profile page, which has

// Example, ask facebook for friends list

$response = $this->facebookApi('/me/friends');

if($response){

echo "<h1> Example fb api call for friends</h1>";

var_export($response);

}

as the first few lines…I don’t know why it took me so long to realize that the error was actually being thrown by the profile view, and not any of the Yiiauth controllers.

haha Well, good notice, I fix that right away. When you get the error message, you can see the stack trace… in where it almost always shows what line causes the error :)

The stack trace showed that the error was actually in the Hybridauth file (provider_adapter.php i think), which was the confusing part…either way, definitely my fault, not yours!

Hi,

What license is your code under please? Essentially I need a auth provider like this, but looking at this code it’s a bit scrappy :)

I’d like to pull it to pieces and write a new extension that is tidier and more isolated from the application. I’d probably borrow some ideas if not actual code from this extension though if that’s ok?

sorry scrap that, I’m doing it a different way entirely :)

Ahh, to bad, I’ve been looking for someone to tidy it up, I’m well aware that its not the best.

I helped a guy to use this with Yii-user-management and I realised yes its kinda messy.

But hybridauth is the by far the easiest and most powerfull way to interact with social providers so someone had to atleast start this:p

Do/borrow/ anything you want.

Requiring the controllers to inherit from yiauth is bad, and requiring hybridauth at the root of the website (i.e. outside protected) isn’t ideal either.

Also you extend from Model, which is custom to you, or at least I couldn’t find it anywhere!

I’m doing it as a module where

class RemoteUserIdentity extends CBaseUserIdentity

and then RemoteUserIdentity::Authenticate does all the heavy lifting using hybridauth. This makes it essentially a drop in replacement/addition for the forms based auth. The bit that breaks encapsulation is the hybridauth callback that needs to be routed back into RemoteUserIdentity using a controller but there’s no way round that really.

It will probably be done in a week or so and I’ll post it up.

Yeah the extend from Model was a thing I missed to remove, and I choose to extend it from yiiauth so the updateStatus methods etc would be availeble easily everywhere.

The root thing… I tried to find out how to put it somewhere else but I found no answer. I agree on it beeing dumb.

A new UserIdentity class is not ideal either though, since you will still have to extend from it if you use a custom one already.

That’s really messy and unscalable, there are better ways of making it available using Yii’s excellent autoloading.

In the UserIdentity:

require dirname(__FILE__) . '/../Hybrid/Auth.php';

$hybridauth = new Hybrid_Auth($this->_getConfig());

and then in the callback (this is the messy bit):

public function actionCallback() {

require dirname(__FILE__) . '/../Hybrid/Auth.php';

require dirname(__FILE__) . '/../Hybrid/Endpoint.php';

Hybrid_Endpoint::process();

}

Thanks a lot guys, great to see this getting some traction! Looking forward to markvr’s solution, as I’ve run into the same problems, but really had no idea where to go from there…

same as you…

I can’t try it.

anybody help us

I’ve put my first stab at a module to cleanly implement HybridAuth up at http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/hybridauth/

I’m away for almost 2 weeks now so haven’t had time to test it properly (I hate it when people say that as well, sorry), but it’s probably enough to be getting on with for now.