[Module] Yii User Management Module

the user_mongo is a effort to port the user management module over to mongodb. it is not ready yet, its enough to checkout the user/ folder.

the bug seems to be a bug in the installer script. i will take a look right now.

edit: on which database do you install the module? the install script only works on mysql now. everything works perfect on my mysql isntallation with latest svn…

edit2: i need to go away now but take a deeper look this evening!

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]I’m trying to install it on XAMPP 1.7.3, PHP Version 5.3.1, mysql 5.1.41, yii-1.1.6.r2877[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]

[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"]Thank you

[/size][/font]

Seems like your database is more strict than mine.

Please try the Revision 311 and give me some feedback.

Thanks again for the Patience and your interest in Yum!

Hi Thyseus, your extension is great, and I made some comments and some fixes on issues at googlecode.

Could you answer me how can I make a separate login for my backend admin module using your extension, I’m stuck on this problem.

hey, yes of course. i will take a look later this day when at office!

Thank you for fast response :)

I just want to describe my problem more deeply.

I have frontend where user can login to their profiles if they want, and I have backend only for admin, i need different loging for front and back, i mean admin logged at backend, should not be able to use frontend part used by authorised users and vice versa.

I’ve tried to use different state keys, i suppose that it’s the right way, but LoginWidged that i used at my custom backend login page make login algorithm very complicated because of redirects.

I think there should be universal login widget, that could be used anywhere.

UPD: At YumAuthController if user log in as superuser he is redirected to module statistics page automaticly, i think that this is an issue if admin want to be redirected to other admin specific page.

all URLs can be configured in the module configuration.

I answered the other questions at the google code repository, cause i think it belongs there.

Lets continue discussion over this problem in GoogleCode thread.

Hi thyseus, i need some help :)

How to change returnUrl in module? I cant do it, i’m trying to change this variable by changing Yii::app()->user->returnUrl = Yii::app()->createUrl("/backend") at module init(). Am I right?

I need to return superuser to backend module main page.

you can set all your module configuration in the applciation configuration file, usually config/main.php

just append the parameters you want so override, for example

'modules' => array(

'user' => array(

'debug' => true,

'returnUrl' => array(my_url),

)

),

I’m interested to set this parameter in module init phase? Can I do this?

Also, if write YumActivityController::logActivity(Yii::app()->user->id, ‘login’) application throw an error, i figured out that there is no activities table, it must be checked.

Version 0.8 release candidate 1 has just been released.

If this has no big flaws in the next week, i do the final, stable release.

Please test and give me some feedback!!!!

http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yii-user-management/

http://code.google.com/p/yii-user-management

thanks everyone for trying Yum:

That’s realy great. I will test it.

Have you fixed some minor bugs also? (Issues 108,111,112 at GoogleCode)

All this issues have been fixed. Need to clean up the issue tracker once more.

Hi, I’m new to this forum and to Yii framework (and to web apps:), but have some knowledge on desktop programming.

I’m using Yii for a month and half now, and I’m learning with this forums and as for now I have a little web app working, too basic, with a table with a Prefix (‘jos_’, to make it Joomla compatible in the future) and have done de CRUD setup ok.

In the last days I’ve searching how to add a user-management functionallity and found this great module, and want to thank you for this. I’m using the new 0.8 release on Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) 64 bits machine, Yii 1.1.6 and a LAMP config with PHP 5.3.

I’m writing to report a bug when I use a TablePrefix, tested creating a second app with a new table using Yii CRUD generator), I follow the instruccions, modify the MAIN.PHP config file, got the options to create the auth-tables and they are created using the Prefix, but when I go to the index.php/user/auth and try to login or to register, I receive this error:

As you can see, I’m using ‘jos_dst_’ as prefix, but it is somehow duplicated in this operation (I’ve translated the error message from Spanish to easy understanding)

Under my app/modules dir, I’ve decompressed srbac and user modules

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.-

[font="Arial"][size="2"]

What is the Revision 311?[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]

[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Today I downloaded the files again from http://yii-user-management.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and tried to install it on yii-1.1.6.r2877 [/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]I kept all the default settings in the "[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]Yii User Management Module Installation" page, but when clicking the "install module" button I got the error:[/size][/font]

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]“CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field ‘selectable’ doesn’t have a default value”[/size][/font]

[font="Monaco,"] [/font]

[font="Monaco,"]Please help me fix this [/font]

hi and thank you for your interesting in the Yii User management Module.

I just fixed this annoying Bug.

You can either use the SVN or go to user/models/Yum.php @ line 97 and replace the resolveTableName

function with:

/**

* this function is deprecated

*/

public static function resolveTableName($tablename, CDbConnection $connection=null)

{

return $tablename;

}

thanks for reporting. please tell me if this fix works.

which version did your svn client check out? it should be r115 as of now.

which RDBMS do you use, and in which version? Installation still runs good on my mysql 5.1

I use [color=#1C2837][font=Arial][size=2]mysql 5.1.41[/size][/font][/color]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]

[/color][/size][/font]

[font=“Arial”][color="#1C2837"][size=“2”]I’m using TortoiseSVN to checkout the files, it doesn’t say what version it is (as far as I know). I downloaded the files about two hours ago.[/size]

[/color][/font]

[color=#1C2837][font=Arial][size=2]

[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1C2837][font=Arial][size=2]

[/size][/font][/color]

ok, please try again (checkout) exactly now - i changed some lines.

if this STILL doesnt work, i will put a .sql file in the distribution for manual database installation!