How Does The Yii Deal With The Challenges From Laravel?

AFAIK Yii2 is not ready yet for production (things can moved under your feet!) so you’ll probably be better either use Yii 1.1.x or take your chance and embrace yourself for breakage of your application on updates to the framework.

Since PHP 5.3 is not supported anymore I strongly recommend reconsidering using it. If your hosting is not supporting it, move along to a one that does. Its easy (and cheap) these days.

I personally really like this and would like to see something like this done in YII (redirecting to another route with input/model errors etc.). A use case would be different actions (displaying different views/forms etc.) using the same storage procedure (for whatever reason there may be).

Laravel has it’s advantages over YII 1. Yes, it is more complicated, but I found it very refreshing what I could do from the start (composer, DB seeding, more advanced routing, saving relational records etc.) without having to write a ton of code to solve problems not supported/offered by YII 1. Laravel 4 just feels more mature than YII 1.

I really like the way YII2 is going. I’m excited to use it in future projects when it’s done. :)

I suggest change your host company.

changing host provider is cheapest and easiest way rather than changing code

between change host company and change framework, of course i prefer to change hosting company because i like the Yii. :)

I heard a lot about laravel specially on nettuts its one of the blog i read often I wanted to see what it has to offer although it has quite few good ideas at the same time they have some really really bad conventions as @orey said

Validation

this really sucks imagine you have to duplicate the validations rules in all the actions where you need validation almost in all cases, can be mitigated by using one of the third party library, again with the validation the errors has be explicitly sent to views by calling trillion methods.

" return Redirect::to(‘form’)->withInput()->withErrors() " Seriously

Dependencies

It relies on Symfony components heavily most of the routing, commands, http is done by symfony, project size another problem setup a Laravel 4 app and pull in the deps and you have 80 mbs of files, you wanna deploy on shared hosting good luck with that.

The only thing that turned me off was its one man show only taylor the guy who created it, if he stop developing it where does that leaves you and your business.

我使用过 Yii(1.1.14)和Laravel (4.1),但是,我更喜欢 Yii.

Laravel 的错误报告象“shit"一样,每次一看到错误报告,我就在猜,天啦,我TM到底做错了什么?我在 route.php 里写了条错误的路由?使用了错误的命名路由?又或者是个拼写错误?

Yii可以告诉你哪一行出错了。但是在 Laravel,当错误报告告诉你你头痛的时候,他指的可能是你失去了一条腿。

I used Yii (1.1.14) and Laravel (4.1) both, but i like Yii a little more.

The Laravel’s error report is simple like “SHiT”, every time i see the error report , i’m wondering ,OH GOLD. what the fuck i did ? did i wrote a wrong route item in route.php ? use a wrong named route ? or just a typo error ?

Yii can tell you which line looks fail, but if you use laravel , when the error report tell you that you had a headache, it actually point that you lost a leg.

– sorry for my poor english

I guess you have to contact your hosting company and request upgrade on PHP packages. Maybe for a small fee they will upgrade it but if that is a dedicated server you are free to do the upgrade on your own.

Laravel is good because lot of tutorial, good documentation while yii hard to understand fewer documentation few user, sad life =(

Which parts are hard to understand in Yii docs?

1 Like

@xmatzx01 => Laravel guys. ;D