[Extension] Yii-Forum

You can find it in the script YiiForumModule.php located in the root of the module package.

Good Afternoon all. I’m kind of a newbie.

This is my first attempt at installing a module. I’m attempting to install the Forum module onto an “out-of-the-box” Yii installation. I followed the instructions to download and modify files. I got Forum to open initially, but then ran into some problems. I’ve read this forum and have implemented some of the suggested fixes - thank you all. The error I’m getting right now is:

Property "CWebUser.isAdmin" is not defined.

I have added the line:

$this->setState('isAdmin', ($this->name == 'admin')); 

in the UserIdentity.php file

This shows up when I just try to access the Forum. Any thoughts? Any help or directions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much - Mike K

The question in return is how you have added the line to set the state for Yii::app()->user->isAdmin ?

The error you are getting seems to indicate that you are logged in while the state is not set, because in the code of a couple of views of that module I read:

$isAdmin = !Yii::app()->user->isGuest && Yii::app()->user->isAdmin;

If this info does not help, can you post your UserIdentity.php so that we can have a look at it?

Good afternoon (again).

I had to put this issue aside for a bit. I was finally able to revisit installing the extension this past weekend.

I went through the exercise again and I’m not experiencing the problem any more.

I subsequently tried to add the extension to an existing app and the module seems to continue to behave as expected.

One question now is that the existing app uses a theme. The theme does not carry over into the extensions widget views. MIght there be a way to apply that gobally or do I have to modify each view?

Thank you to all for the responses!

Hello and good afternoon.

A bug showed up for me:

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'is_sticky' doesn't have a default value. The SQL statement executed was: INSERT INTO `thread` (`forum_id`, `subject`, `created`) VALUES (:yp0, :yp1, :yp2)

This occurs when someone tries to add a new thread to an existing topic/forum.

This occurs on my development AND production server.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for all help.

I fixed it. I modified the the MySQL table "thread" to have default values for the fields "is_sticky" (0), "is_locked" (0), and "view_count" (1).

No changes to the code.

Hi, Exist this extension for yii 2.0 advanced?