Did anyone develop any shopping carts based on Yii?

They open presta shop opensource cart and leave they idea for create yii cart module :D .

I worked with many cart solutions. Well, right now…prestashop probable is the best solution. Magenta is bloated with features and targeted for huge portals maybe. So as start points, it’s better to start with presta. But…nice cart module is more like very big project. r u sure that u have skills/energy to finalize it? In half cases, the common catalogue with ‘pre-request’ feature is more than enough. At least here, in russia.

Agree presta is best of open source carts for now.

magento - is f***g hardly cart with and very hardly for developed and need BIG SERVER WITH EXTRA POWER for work with enough speed.

I have not been able to devote any time due to personal imbalance and moves involved. I am foreseeing another move soon here.

As soon as I get settled, I would like to pursue further as there are some real genuine interests and people involved.

I wont suggest presta for performance issues.

i ve tested it on my local machine about 1 month ago. On home page it was sending more than 150 queries to mysql and there isnt any caching component on presta.

in my opinion, opencart is much much better than presta.

Looks nice

Checking the interest to see if building the back-end with Flex is a good choice!

Here is one example from my scraped project (not related to e-comm) at:

http://incisivesystem.com/tcs/bin-debug/#

Check the ‘foundation’ tab only

Magento is MVC to be sure but it is huge. You would better to tack your project on to it rather than other way around. And it is not just straightforward zend. They have their own lib, it is very mix ‘n’ match, and the

structure is not just a simple ZF based project.

OSCommerce and its fork Zencart are way legacy and from what

I know codebase has not been cleaned up for years.

I would not recommend building anything with Flex

because the formats are proprietery.

I’m working on this project myself with two paid developers. But it’s for a personal project and not something that will be released to the public.

Oh.This thread seemed to be asleep a long time, hehe.

I am developing an Yii Webshop right now, and i want to use it in production use soon.

It’s available as a Module. There is a development snapshot available here:

http://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yiishop/

Database-based (not Session-based) Shopping-Cart, Ordering processing, Payment and rudimentary price calculation is done already… But for an open alpha i have to put in some more work. Maybe someone wants to take a look and contribute to this project? Any volunteers? :slight_smile:

http://yiiext.googlecode.com/files/shoppingCart_0.6.zip

getSum[color="#FF0000"]m[/color]Price() or getSumPrice()

Thanks, will fix it.

This thread hasn’t been updated in some time. I’m looking for an open source ecommerce solution which is fully-featured, including:

• MVC architecture

• Robust plug-in architecture so that it can be extended with ease

• Bulk product loader

• Newsletter

• Real-time shipping

• Real-time credit card processing

• Integration with Paypal

• Ajax features, preferably using jQuery

• Ajax features, preferably using jQuery

• Gift certs

• Search-engine friendliness (URLs, meta tags, TITLE tags, etc.)

• Elegant way to manage templates (not Smarty)

• Inventory control

• Inventory "out of stock" warnings

• Product options (e.g., Small/Medium/Large)

• Inventory for product options (e.g., 5 remaining Small/10 remaining Medium/20 Large)

Wish List:

• Built-in unit testing, commitment to testing

I looked at prestashop but it’s not MVC, and is very Smarty-intensive, and I said blech after 15 minutes of looking at the code.

Agree with what others say about Magento and won’t go near it.

Downloaded OpenCart and it looked promising until I looked more closely. Sure, it’s MVC, but open up the model files and you’ll find hard-wired SQL statements galore.

Does anyone have first-hand experience building ecommerce web apps with with another open-source, MVC solution?

Or–far better–has anyone made progress on open-source Yii-based ecommerce solution? I

TIA,

Emily

:mellow:

@Emily Dickinson

please do not post same post more than once - http://www.yiiframew…e-apps-for-yii/

especially as this one is an old thread and for Yii 1.0 that is not mainteined anymore…

If you need to, you can post a link to the other post…

Okay, sorry about that!

:mellow:

here is a nice extension for it