Class table inheritance

I see from this and other threads that this issue has had many attempts at being addressed with no perfect solution presenting itself. There are several analyses and solutions mentioned, but with no clear support being given to any of them. However, many of them received comments as to why those solutions may not be viable!

seb has published a very good analysis and suggested a solution, but, as a Yii newbie, I have found it very hard to know whether this addresses some or all of the issues that others have identified. Particularly, as djsistemasweb’s posts imply that he has needed to go about it in a slightly different way!

So, as quite a lot of time has now passed since the 1st rush of ideas, wouldn’t it be really great if the Yii-gurus could publish a generalised solution (or even an ugly outline of the steps needed to be taken) with a simple code example. With of course all the caveats and warnings that would be appropriate for a less than perfect solution.

Yes, you guessed it, I have a massive project ahead of me, which requires CTI and I’m begging (desperately) for some help! :)

I’m loath to just dive into this, as past experiences show that diving in with eyes closed, gives you a sore head! Or at least it results in a lot of problems much later on, requiring massive code re-writes about the time you said you would be delivering!!!

djsistemasweb, I want to know if you can publish your InheritableActiveRecord. I need to implement the similar concept, and I hope you can give me some advice to do that. Thanks before, and please pardon my bad english.