Captcha In Yii Framework Don't Appear (Show)

The Complete Solution.

Add the following in the controller

public function actions()

{

return array(	// captcha action renders the CAPTCHA image displayed on the contact page

'captcha'=>array(

'class'=>'CCaptchaAction',

'backColor'=>0xFFFFFF,

),

);

}

public function accessRules()

{

return array(

array('allow', 'actions'=>array('captcha'),

'users'=>array('*'),

),

);

}

In model

a. Define the variable

public $verifyCode;

b. Add variable in access rules

public function rules()

{

return array(

array('verifyCode', 'captcha', 'allowEmpty'=>!CCaptcha::checkRequirements()),

);

}

In the view file

<?php if(CCaptcha::checkRequirements()): ?>

<div class="row">

<div>

<?php echo $form->labelEx($model,'verifyCode'); ?>

<?php $this->widget('CCaptcha'); ?>

<?php echo $form->textField($model,'verifyCode'); ?>

<?php echo $form->error($model,'verifyCode'); ?>

</div>

<div class="hint">Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.

<br/>Letters are not case-sensitive.</div>

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

Sometimes (actually many times) this bug is because of a unicode BOM at the top of a file within our runtime.

If the bug is about BOM :

The most important note we must be aware about it is the headers_sent() which will return false even if you have a BOM has been sent in text/html content type (which false means no header has been sent yet which is not the real answer). This happened for me via PHP 5.5.6 on windows 7 (xampp)

Thus how you can find whether the BOM has been sent or not… I used exit(); within my code either in my module class (extending CWebModule) especially in my beforeControllerAction and I used my firebug to find is there any byte in the server response or not.

The result must be 0B but if there is a BOM you will have 3B and the code in your response.

My problem was about my language files have been edited one time in a notepad window (netbeans will not add BOM but notepad will add).

EDITED :

You may have no bytes (no BOM) in the first of actions method of your controller (because it is only the declaration). I had tracked the bug even to the CCaptchaAction Class to the header(‘Content-Type: image/png’). And there I realized headers_sent() says there is not header has been sent.