Blog Demo INstall Problems

I am trying to get this blog demo installed and working on Mac OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks).

After a few path changes in my config and web/index.php files and removing the .htaccess file in web, I get the following error when I go to http://localhost/~joev/yii2/blog/web/

Unknown Property – yii\base\UnknownPropertyException

Setting unknown property: yii\web\Application::preload

I believe this is related to the first line in the YII_ENV_DEV if statement in config/web.php

if (YII_ENV_DEV) {

$config['preload'][] = 'debug';

$config['modules']['debug'] = [

'class' => 'yii\debug\Module',

'allowedIPs' => ['*'],

];

$config['modules']['gii'] = [

'class' => 'yii\gii\Module',

'allowedIPs' => ['*'],

];

}

When I comment out $config[‘preload’][] = ‘debug’ I receive this error

Failed to create directory '/Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/runtime/cache': mkdir(): Permission denied

↵

Caused by: yii\base\ErrorException

mkdir(): Permission denied

in /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/helpers/BaseFileHelper.php at line 462

If I try and add a user from the command line, I receive this error regardless of YII_ENV_DEV state configuration

Joes-iMac:blog joev$ php yii register joev joev

Exception 'yii\base\InvalidCallException' with message 'Setting read-only property: yii\console\Application::controllerPath'

in /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Component.php:195

Stack trace:

#0 /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/BaseYii.php(518): yii\base\Component->__set('controllerPath', '/Users/joev/Sit...')

#1 /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Object.php(105): yii\BaseYii::configure(Object(yii\console\Application), Array)

#2 /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Application.php(206): yii\base\Object->__construct(Array)

#3 /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(79): yii\base\Application->__construct(Array)

#4 /Users/joev/Sites/yii2/blog/yii(21): yii\console\Application->__construct(Array)

#5 {main}

I have no idea where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

may be because of this

click here