Apc xampp windows 7 php 5.3.8

Just installed xampp on windows 7. It comes with php 5.3.8. Xampp does not come with apc or memcache. I haven’t been able to find the dll’s. Is there someone who can help provide me with links to these files?

Are these extensions available for the linux version of 5.3.8?

Thanks,

Tom

I’m pretty sure xampp comes with APC.

Not sure how that’s related… But yes, they are.

It doesn’t come with either. Perhaps earlier versions did?? All you need to do is look in the php/ext dir for the dll’s. They are not there.

I am considering setting up a linux box on my network. I prefer not to… I want to develop with the same stack that will host the final product.

Hm, I see. It really looks like APC has been dropped by xampp v1.7.2. As a quick solution you might try to fetch APC from here.

If you care so much about the host env, couldn’t you just virtualize it? E.g. with VirtualBox?

It doesn’t come with either. Perhaps earlier versions did?? All you need to do is look in the php/ext dir for the dll’s. They are not there.

I am considering setting up a linux box on my network. I prefer not to… I want to develop with the same stack that will host the final product.

I have been to that page. The dll there do not support 5.3.8. The easiest rout may be to install 1.7.2.

I went to the page you referenced again. I got the correct files and both are working

php_apc-20110109-5.3-vc9-x86.zip

php_memcache-2.2.6-5.3-vc9-x86.zip

Thanks Tom for giving me the name of this 2 extensions. I use Win7, xampp (with PHP 5.3.8) and it works :)

Some versions of APC for Windows (32-bit) for VC6/VC9, TS/NTS are available at:

http://dev.freshsite.pl/php-accelerators/apc.html