Advanced components in Ext4Yii Framework.

fyi the screenshots on your OP thread link are currently broken

http://www.ext4yii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25

http://tiny.cc/kydib

Had a look at some examples and licensing and pricing and I guess “Sexy but Exy” is the way to summarise it. By the time you pay for a developer license for ExtJS and Ext4Yii you end up paying well over 1K… ouch. I guess unless you’re building a commercial application that you will sell it’s justifiable but if you’re doing something internal for yourself it ain’t cheap.

Also, there is actually a workaround for the licensing of ExtJS… For example if you’re using ExtJS for the admin panel (where it would be of great use) but don’t use it for the front end (where it’s not really needed) then you can just release the back-end as open-source (and probably not even include the database). There is also no specific requirements as to how something is released, so even though you have it available on the net somewhere it doesn’t mean anyone will actually find or use it, so it’s all good.

1K for the single developer license?!. An Ext4Yii single developer license already includes an ExtJS single developer license. You do not need to purchase a separate ExtJS license.

I understand the workaround. But unfortunately that is not going to work with the new version of ExtJS since they exactly disallow that. In short "If you are ever going to use your application in a commercial environment and cannot release your sources as GPL then you should start your project with a commercial license."

Thank you for your insight.

Hi Gevik, big congrats for this awesome extension. I’ve “played” with some ExtJS components, and now I’d like to implement a whole layout for the app I’m developing. It’s going well, but, as I’d like exactly the same layout than Ext4Yii site, api page (sorry, I can’t put url here, as it’s one of my 1st posts). The whole page layout, with BorderLayout and even around it. Would there be a place where I can find it all at once? It would save me some precious time =)

Of course my boss will buy the licence, lol.

Thanks a lot,

Pascal.

Edit : Well, I guess I’d just have to use Chinook Record Store instead, and change the accordion menu to a tree in the left region!

Let me know if you need any assistance.

He he, well… First I would like to say I could have the license bought by my boss, now I can use Ext4Yii, and I’m glad of it! I really enjoy having such a great interface so easily.

I could implement the Chinook store interface, works like a charm, except I can’t connect on the production server, but I can on my local server… I have no log at all, it’s just I’m redirected again and again to the login action instead of index. Would you have an idea about what could cause that on a server, and not another? Just in case…

I have seen something like this before. But to be honest it was a long time ago I do not remember what the solution is anymore. Can you provide me with a URL so I can check with firebug?

As I thought, and unfortunately, it’s a problem with the server configuration… It started to work fine when I chmoded to 777 the /var/lib/php/session directory… But I think it’s a bad choice, another server of ours works with the original 770. Guess I have to find out which setting I have to change. Thanks anyway for your support, lol.